“I feel like I owe an apology to Justin Smoak.”
This may be a recurring theme throughout the 2017 season as the Blue Jays’ everyday first baseman continues to surpass expectations and defy convention. Smoak’s stellar first half is the lead topic on this week’s Blue Jay Hunter podcast.
Also featured on this week’s episode, Josh Donaldson continues to do Josh Donaldson things, Grilli and Howell tumble further down the bullpen depth chart, a shout-out to the back end of the Blue Jays bullpen, and a few comments on the Brett Lawrie/ketchup Pringles thing from last week.
Plus, answers to your listener questions. This episode is 30 minutes and 11 seconds long.
BJH Podcast Episode 20: With Apologies to Justin Smoak
- 1:26 | Apologies to Justin Smoak
- 4:45 | Josh Donaldson doing Josh Donaldson things
- 6:57 | An update on Aaron Sanchez
- 9:02 | J.P. Howell to the DL, Jason Grilli struggles
- 13:39 | Blue Jays riding an 0 for 32 RISP streak
- 15:07 | Jays can take advantage of a weak schedule
- 17:32 | Shout-out to the back end of the Jays’ bullpen
- 19:33 | Updates on Travis and Martin
- 20:42 | The Brett Lawrie/ketchup Pringles thing
- 25:12 | Your listener questions
You can subscribe to the Blue Jay Hunter Podcast on various platforms: iTunes, Stitcher and Google Play Music. Alternatively, you can subscribe to the BJH Podcast RSS feed to get the latest episode as soon as it’s published.
Also, feel free to rate and review the Blue Jay Hunter podcast over on iTunes. You can also pick up the latest BJH podcast via these podcatchers below.