Blue Jay Hunter Podcast Episode 8: With Travis Down, is Lawrie the Answer?
The Blue Jays have an injured second baseman – a second baseman just became available – seems like the perfect fit, right? Well, it’s a little more complicated than that.
With Devon Travis suffering a setback in his rehab, the timeline on his return has become a little more muddied. And with Brett Lawrie suddenly on the market, could the Blue Jays look at bringing him back into the fold?
In this week’s episode, I wonder whether Brett Lawrie may be a suitable backup plan for Devon Travis. Also, musing about Jose Bautista’s offseason, if Angel Pagan still makes sense for the Blue Jays, plus answering listener questions. This episode is 25 minutes and 9 seconds long.
A reminder that you can subscribe to the Blue Jay Hunter podcast on various platforms: iTunes, Stitcher and Google Play Music. Alternatively, you can subscribe to the BJH Podcast RSS feed to get the latest episode as soon as it’s published.
Also, feel free to rate and review the Blue Jay Hunter podcast over on iTunes. You can also pick up the latest BJH podcast via these podcatchers below.
- 0:39 | Devon Travis suffers a setback
- 2:28 | Should the Jays bring Brett Lawrie back?
- 7:50 | Jose Bautista had a $50 million dollar offer elsewhere
- 9:26 | Angel Pagan would complicate the outfield picture
- 12:13 | Dalton Pompey getting some attention
- 14:47 | Listener questions
Latest posts by Ian Hunter (see all)
- The Blue Jays’ March to .500 Matters, But It Also Doesn’t Matter - June 23, 2017
- The Blue Jays Need to Do Something … Anything to Fix Their Lineup - June 21, 2017
- Heyman: The Rays Made a ‘Creative’ Offer to Bautista Last Winter - June 20, 2017