Blue Jay Hunter Podcast Episode 7: Let’s Get Rowdy
It’s time to get rowdy, folks. The Rowdy Tellez hype train has already started gaining steam, and I’ll fully admit … I’m on board.
This week, I lead off with some praise for Rowdy Tellez, described by John Gibbons as the organization’s “most advanced prospect”. I discuss whether Tellez has a shot at making the Opening Day roster.
An interesting little piece of news I discovered while doing a little research on Rowdy Tellez; Shi Davidi wrote for Baseball America that the Oakland A’s asked for Rowdy Tellez in a package for Ben Zobrist back at the 2015 trade deadline.
Plus, I mention Joe Biagini and his likely short-lived campaign as a starter, Kendrys Morales turning some heads and Dalton Pompey’s odds of breaking camp with the Blue Jays. All that and your Blue Jays questions answered below. This episode is 24 minutes and 39 seconds long.
A reminder that you can subscribe to the Blue Jay Hunter podcast on various platforms: iTunes, Stitcher and Google Play Music. Alternatively, you can subscribe to the BJH Podcast RSS feed to get the latest episode as soon as it’s published.
Also, feel free to rate and review the Blue Jay Hunter podcast over on iTunes. You can also pick up the latest BJH podcast via these podcatchers below.
- 2:16 | Let’s get rowdy for Rowdy Tellez
- 6:18 | Joe Biagini looking more and more like a reliever
- 7:29 | Kendrys Morales turning heads so far
- 9:22 | The Dalton Pompey saga continues
- 11:59 | Listener questions
- John Gibbons: “Tellez is our most advanced prospect” | Tim and Sid
- Raines’ base-running lessons pay off for Telez | Sportsnet
- The Most Bizarre Blue Jays Injuries | Blue Jay Hunter
Latest posts by Ian Hunter (see all)
- The Blue Jays Keep Doing Just Enough to Lose Close Games - April 28, 2017
- Chris Coghlan Broke the Internet and the Internet Responded - April 26, 2017
- Chris Coghlan Leaps Into Home with an Unbelievable Acrobatic Play - April 25, 2017