Yesterday, the Toronto Blue Jays officially finalized their deal with RHP Joe Smith. He signed one-year deal with $3 million and the potential for an additional $500,00 on bonuses (as per Buster Olney). [Read more]
Depending on who you talk to, the Toronto Blue Jays are either very eager to bring back Jose Bautista (on their own terms, likely on a very short term deal), or the club has no interest whatsoever in re-signing Bautista and would gladly take the draft pick instead. [Read more]
Toronto Blue Jays fans won’t wake up on Christmas morning to find a shiny new contract for Edwin Encarnacion under the tree. [Read more]
Breakups are never easy and are often messy. Whenever two sides are together this long, it’s difficult to emotionally detach People get hurt, things get left behind and mudslinging frequently occurs after both sides part ways. [Read more]
The parrot is flying to Cleveland, of all places.
I kind of feel bad for Edwin Encarnacion.
After five consecutive seasons as one of the most prolific sluggers in all of baseball, Encarnacion would finally get his big payday. [Read more]
MOST POPULAR POSTS
- A Reminder: You Can Bring Almost Any Food You Want to a Blue Jays Game
- Flashback Friday: The Birth of Edwin Encarnacion's Chicken Wing Home Run Trot
- The Danny Valencia Drama Reaffirms the Blue Jays' Decision to DFA Him
- Sherman: The Blue Jays Have No Intention of Re-Signing Bautista or Encarnacion Long Term
- How the Toronto Blue Jays Got Their Iconic Logo
- RT @MissStaceyMay: "Thanks, Dad." At @thejaysnation, I wrote a Gibby appreciation post to celebrate the week of his contract extension. htt…11 hours ago
- RT @mike_petriello: The Kendrys Morales signing wasn't a popular one. But what if the Jays saw something big in his batted ball profile? ht…11 hours ago
- Call me crazy, but I don't hate the idea of a Travis/Tulo/Bautista/Donaldson/Morales top half of the order.19 hours ago