Flashback Friday: Ernie Whitt’s McDonald’s Commercial

Have you ever been sitting in your local McDonald’s enjoying a nice McChicken sandwich, only to look up briefly and see Ernie Whitt across the restaurant? Apparently this scenario happened for one young lady.

For this week’s Flashback Friday, we take a look back at Ernie Whitt’s McDonald’s commercial from 1986.

This isn’t the first time that a Blue Jays player has been featured in a McDonald’s commercial, as George Bell and even Bobby Cox have appeared in spots for Mickey D’s.

The most incredible part of this commercial is that there was a time where Blue Jays caps were only $1.99. Heck, you can’t even get a large fries for that much these days!

Video courtesy of the ever-awesome RetroOntario Youtube channel

Latest posts by Ian Hunter (see all)

1. Ian - BJH

May 11, 2012 - 5:55 pm

Such is the side affect of those snap-back caps. I guess one size doesn't fit all!

1. Ian - BJH

May 11, 2012 - 7:52 pm

Wicked! Be sure to hang on to it … sooner or later it'll be worth moderately more than it's original price!

1. Tonia Cook

February 18, 2013 - 8:51 pm

Hey, my dad got one also! He's a true Blue Jay fan and customized hat collector. He was pretty sure he kept it somewhere in the house. Yes, he is.

2. Brenda Ruddell

February 21, 2013 - 7:00 pm

The only thing I have in my home right now from Mcdonald's is, the party hat they are giving away whenever they are holding parties and event in their food chains. I remember improvising and doing a party hat by myself by using some used folders at home, I'm still kid wayback then.

3. Gerald Cox

February 28, 2013 - 8:28 pm

You managed to dig up this Mcdonald ad, which seems to be a decades and decades old now. You're good on tracking or must I say, the owner of the video is just good at securing things.

1. Ian - BJH

March 1, 2013 - 4:52 am

RetroOntario is where it's at … lots of great Blue Jays commercials over there!