More On Halladay vs. the Blue Jays
We’re just a few hours away from game time in Philadelphia, and the Roy Halladay vs. the Blue Jays start is all the blogosphere is buzzing about.
In what is undeniably the most anticipated game of the season, Blue Jays fans are running through the gambit of emotions in anticipation for tonight.
Although technically he is the enemy, I for one will have a tough time rooting against Halladay.
I posted in the comments on Tao of Stieb earlier today that it’s hard to hate on Doc, even if tonight were Game 7 of the World Series.
Earlier today I had the pleasure of talking to Zoo With Roy about the Phillies, and Bill from Crashburn Alley also just posted my Blue Jays preview as well, so be sure to check it out.
I also received a very neat email from Delta_Vee about some guidelines for those in attendance at Citizens Bank Park and even those watching at home. I think you’ll get a kick out of this:
MEMO to all #bluejays personnel
Please observe the following regulations during the Roy Halladay portion of the Inaugural Visiting Homestand:
- Do not feed the curveballs.
- Dispose of all incoming cutters over nearest available outfield fence.
- Avoid direct contact between incoming cutters and Cutter Retrieval Units marked in red.
- Infield groundballs are hazardous to the safety of yourself and your colleagues.
- Do not pet @ZoowithRoy (includes affectionate hair-tousling).
- In the event of a JoBau Jomerun, please avoid mention of the hitter when updating @BlueJayHunter to prevent madness.
- Incoming cutters have been linked to broken faces by recent research. Please wear protective clothing at all times.
- Harry Leroy Halladay III is considered armed and extremely dangerous. Engage with caution.
4 thoughts on “More On Halladay vs. the Blue Jays”
That picture is freaky.
I'll fawn over Doc tomorrow. Tonight, he's Josh Beckett. And I hope the Jays knock him around.
Remember: you never want to let your ex know you're not doing so well.
I know, it is a little freaky isn't it? It's like Roy Halladay is staring into your soul wearing two different uniforms.
If Bautista hits a dinger against Doc, I'll be torn. It will probably be a very polite clap from me, I don't want to get Roy too angry.
Thanks for the tip, man: obviously, I'm not good with breakups.
I don't hate Halladay. I'm indifferent to him, the way I'm indifferent to, say, Tim Lincecum or Ervin Santana. I dislike guys like AJ Burnett, or Papelbon, for reasons that can probably be guessed at.
I can admire Halladay for pitching well, and he has pitched well this year. If he beats the Jays, I'll shrug and be somewhat disappointed. If the Jays knock him around, I'll be happy.
If Litsch throws 7 shutout innings like he did last time out, I'll be ecstatic.
Looks like it just wasn't the Blue Jays night. I'm glad Charlie Manuel didn't keep Halladay in for the CG because I can see a lot of managers leaving Doc in just to spite his old team.
Hopefully the offense gets going tonight!
Comments are closed.