This year’s non-waiver trade deadline came and went for the Toronto Blue Jays and at the end of the day, they shipped off one veteran starter and one veteran reliever.
This episode is all about the aftermath from the trade deadline for the Blue Jays – did they get enough for Francisco Liriano and Joe Smith? Plus, talking about a potential contract extension for Marco Estrada and what do the Blue Jays do with Josh Donaldson.
Plus, I’ll tell you the story of how I completely missed the ending of the Blue Jays’ epic 11-10 comeback win over from the weekend, and how for a full 2.5 hours, I was convinced they lost the game.
This episode is 25 minutes and 52 seconds long.
BJH Podcast Episode 24: The Trade Deadline Aftermath Edition
You can subscribe to the Blue Jay Hunter Podcast through iTunes, Stitcher and Google Play Music. Alternatively, subscribe to the BJH Podcast RSS feed to get the latest episode as soon as it’s published.
You can also pick up the latest BJH podcast via these podcatchers below. Also, feel free to rate and review the Blue Jay Hunter podcast over on iTunes.
- 0:42 | Breaking down the Liriano for Aoki/Hernandez trade
- 5:29 | Joe Smith dealt to the Indians for a pair of minor leaguers
- 7:53 | The Blue Jays looking to extend Marco Estrada?
- 12:06 | What do the Jays do with Josh Donaldson?
- 20:45 | How I missed the end of the Jays’ 11-10 walk-off thriller