Munenori Kawasaki Says He Misses Toronto, Poutine, Beer and Jose Bautista
The man who won a World Series ring last year with the Chicago Cubs – the same man who charmed his way into Blue Jays fans’ hearts has a heartfelt message for his loyal followers: “I miss you, Toronto”.
After a short time away from the spotlight, Munenori Kawasaki has re-emerged once again in this interview with Fukuoka Now in Japan. He’s currently playing with the Fukuoka Softbank Hawks and was interviewed ahead of Canada Day celebrations being held in Fukuoka Japan.
This segment from the Fukuoka Now Youtube channel and is definitely worth your time.
A few things to take note of from the interview:
– Mune is on a mission to inject some fun back into Japanese baseball.
– Kawasaki misses the “guys” back in Toronto, including Pillar, Bautista, Donaldson and Tulo.
– He also misses American coffee, beer and Jack Daniels.
– Kawa prefers poutine over Ramen.
– His impression of John Gibbons is hilarious. “Come here, Kawa”.