Odd Blue Jays Memorabilia: A 21 Year-Old Bottle of Labatt Blue

In basements and attics all throughout Canada, there are likely countless pieces of Blue Jays memorabilia just waiting to be discovered. Some valuable, some not-so valuable, some traditional and some which  may be a little off the wall.

I’m not exactly sure which category this particular piece of Blue Jays paraphernalia falls into, but it’s certainly one of the most interesting I’ve ever come across. While spending Christmas at the in-laws, I stumbled across this bottle of Labatt Blue.

But it isn’t just any ordinary bottle of Blue; it’s a World Series commemorative bottle of Labatt Blue in honour of the Blue Jays’ consecutive World Series titles. And perhaps the most impressive thing of all is that the bottle is still sealed!

Of course, the Toronto Blue Jays and Labatt’s have a long, storied history, as the brewer owned the team for quite some time, and arguably had some influence in naming the team itself. So it was no surprise Labatt’s developed a commemorative label on their flagship brew.

After sitting on a shelf 21 years, one really wonders how a bottle of beer might age. But if the Blue Jays make the playoffs any time soon, I may have to ask if I can crack this bottle open to commemorate the Blue Jays’ next playoff berth.

Ian has been writing about the Toronto Blue Jays since 2007. He enjoyed the tail-end of the Roy Halladay era and vividly remembers the Alex Rodriguez "mine" incident. He'll also retell the story of Game 5 of the 2015 ALDS to his kids for the next 20 years.

Tags :

1. Samson League

December 28, 2014 - 1:45 pm

I proudly still have my set of unopened World Series commemorative Coca-Cola cans. I'm going to wager that your beer in a glass container is better than my pop in aluminum after 21 years!

This past summer I found a World Series commemorative patio table at a yard sale for $5. It was missing the legs, so I mounted it on the wall in my garage.

1. Ian Hunter

December 29, 2014 - 12:36 am

Yeah, I imagine that aluminum might leech into the coke, can't imagine it would taste very good. The beer? Who knows!

2. Dragon Charlie

October 18, 2015 - 11:36 pm

Does it have Value full & unopened Or more sentimental Value *

2. Dragon Charlie

October 18, 2015 - 11:24 pm

I have a Vintage collection of posters of the Toronto Blue Jays from Labatt's Blue Brewing Company . A promotion at bars to post for what rivalry team they were playing that night. A complete set in original tube *

Chicago White Sox
    Kansas City Royals
    California Angels
    Detroit Tigers
    Boston Red Sox
    Texas Rangers
    Oakland A's
    Baltimore Orioles
    Milwaukee Brewers
    Cleveland Indians
    New York Yankees
    Any Idea there value is as a set or separate … ?

3. Dragon Charlie

October 18, 2015 - 11:27 pm

Chicago White Sox
    Kansas City Royals
    California Angels
    Detroit Tigers
    Boston Red Sox
    Texas Rangers
    Oakland A's
    Baltimore Orioles
    Milwaukee Brewers
    Cleveland Indians
    New York Yankees
    Any idea what the value is on these as a set or individually * 🙂

1. Joe wright

June 29, 2018 - 5:16 pm

Dragon charlie, did you ever find out the price of those posters, I too have a set, except that mine also has a blue jay wearing a red hunting hat and jacket that states Open Season.

4. Joe wright