Vernon Wells Perfect 10 Special on Tonight

Considering that we’re in the home stretch of the holidays, it’s very apropos that Rogers Sportsnet is rolling out a special this evening that’s sure to get you in the giving spirit.

I encourage you to check out Vernon Wells “Perfect 10” documentary on Sportsnet tonight starting at 7:30pm EST.

While Vernon may have had a bit of off season, he still continued his charity work this year through his Perfect 10 Foundation. It’s a shame because Wells does a heck of a lot of charity work with the Blue Jays and it often gets overshadowed by other stories that the papers and bloggers would consider to be much juicier.

At the end of the day, even though ticket holders are paying his salary, Vernon Wells is a human being after all. I’m not saying that fans don’t have the right to be upset at Vernon for this past year, but keep in mind that every player has a bad year from time to time. There is no doubt in my mind that Vernon Wells will be back with a vengeance next year.

In the words of my good friend Eyebleaf at Sports in the City, I Believe in Vernon Wells. And after watching tonight’s Perfect 10 special, I’m pretty sure you will too.

1. matthias

December 23, 2009 - 11:03 pm

Good for Vernon. Somebody needs to pick up the charity mantle from the Halladay's

December 24, 2009 - 1:45 am

The Hatred Advisory is coming down because of Vernon's good work in the community.

December 24, 2009 - 2:29 am

Matthias, maybe Vernon can take over Doc's box and call it "V-Dub's Club"?

eyeB, good idea friend. The VWHAS had a good run – time for V-Dub to kick it into high gear for 2010.

4. Anonymous

December 26, 2009 - 6:24 am

I want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
    And you et an account on Twitter?

5. Anonymous

January 11, 2010 - 10:55 pm

While I think what he has done in HIS community is admirable, he has done very little in the Canadian community. We the fans have paid his salary, and he has chosen to give back to Texas. Check out his perfect 10 website, if you want support youve got to be a US charity. He could care less about Toronto, it really is a pay check to him. Punch that clock til 2014 Vernon.

January 12, 2010 - 1:48 am

You're right anon – from what I saw on the "Perfect 10" special, most of VW's work benefits children in Arlington, Texas. It would be nice if he would do some work with kids in Toronto, but ultimately he's doing a good thing for his community so I can't really knock him for that.