The Jose Bautista Staredown – Version 2.0
|Image courtesy of @NevStoski|
This is what it must have felt like to stare into the eyes of Medusa before turning to stone, as Jose Bautista’s piercing staredown claimed yet another victim last night.
One thing’s for sure sure, if a pitcher ever displeases Jose Bautista, they’ll be sure to know about it. Whether they try to sneak a buzzball past Jose’s head as Ivan Nova did last year, or as Luke Hochevar hit Yunel Escobar last night, Jose Bautista gets his retribution with his bat.
Click on the image below to see the Animated Gif of the epic staredown by Jose Bautista and the subsequent slow trot down the first base line. Just more visual proof that you should never mess with Jose Bautista.
|Click image for Animated Gif|
For those who missed the subtle cues from that very short Animated Gif, here is the sequence of events performed by Jose Bautista in that very staredown:
- Watch the ball go yard.
- Give a quick glance to the pitcher as if to say “nice try”.
- Admire the home run once again.
- Drop bat on the ground like a dirty towel.
- Slowly trot out of the box and head down the line, all while staring down the pitcher and instilling the fear of God in him.
Latest posts by Ian Hunter (see all)
- Joe Biagini’s Dad Illustrates the Highs and Lows of a Baseball Parent - May 24, 2017
- Blue Jay Hunter Podcast Episode 18: Pillar Cannot Be Stopped - May 16, 2017
- My Blue Jays Retractions After Six Weeks In - May 15, 2017