We No Speak Encarnacion (The Edwin Encarnacion Song)

2011 could be a very big year for Edwin Encarnacion; one in which he may emerge as the next star from the shadows, much like Jose Bautista did in 2010.

Of course, every up and coming superstar needs their own customized song, so I present to you “We No Speak Encarnacion (The Edwin Encarnacion Song)”.

I believe it was Jordan Bastian who associated EE with the infamous Encarnacion clip from Nacho Libre, so I had to work that infamous classic line from the movie into this song.

And you can’t talk about Edwin Encarnacion without Buck Martinez’ interesting pronunciation of his last name, so Buck also makes an auto-tuned appearance in this video as well as Jack Black.

Just in case you really enjoy “We No Speak Encarnacion”, you can even download the song for free. Hopefully by season’s end, we’ll all be speaking a little more Encarnacion!

1. ~julie~

March 30, 2011 - 3:11 pm

this is sheer brilliance – it would be pretty awesome to get this played at the dome this year! lol.

2. Ian - BJH

March 30, 2011 - 3:19 pm

Thanks Julie! That would be very cool, not sure what EE's walk-up music is currently, but I'd definitely be in favour of him using this track.

3. Navin

March 30, 2011 - 4:39 pm

I laughed heartily when Buck came on. En En Encarnacion.

Well done, bro.

Where you sitting on Friday?

4. Ian - BJH

March 30, 2011 - 4:54 pm

Nav, I thought of you on that one. Especially during the "ENCARNASHEEYONE" part.

I will be shelled up in 114 trying to avoid beer being hurled at me from the 200 and 500 levels. And you?

5. LJ

March 30, 2011 - 5:11 pm

That is pretty awesome, especially the rainbow Buck.

6. Ian - BJH

March 30, 2011 - 6:13 pm

Thanks LJ – I imagine that's what Buck Martinez acid trip might look like!

7. Contrasoma

March 30, 2011 - 6:16 pm

Thanks for this, Ian. I don't think I'd realised how much I was looking forward to another summer of "FISS-ted by En-karr-nah-shee-yown" 'til I watched that.

8. Ian - BJH

March 30, 2011 - 8:45 pm

Contrasoma, I guess it makes Buck Martinez' pronunciations a little more bearable when they're auto-tuned!

9. Psmith

March 31, 2011 - 11:35 am

Ian- if you made this video you had made this props to you. One of the funniest video's I have seen in a long time. jays fans should try to get En-karr-nah-shee-yown as the official sound entrance for him. stranger things have happened.

10. Ian - BJH

March 31, 2011 - 12:49 pm

Psmith, thanks for the kind words! Yes I did make this, in fact I had the idea for it back in January, so I've been waiting since then to post it. Thankfully AA didn't trade EE since then, otherwise this video would be pretty pointless!

11. Navin Vaswani (@eyebleaf)

March 31, 2011 - 5:08 pm

Ian I'm in the 200s. Not sure where. I'll try to hit you with my empty can of Bud Light Lime.

12. Ian - BJH

March 31, 2011 - 5:11 pm

Sounds good brother, I look forward to being pelted with beer cans from the heavens above!

13. Info

April 22, 2011 - 3:17 am

OMG.. That video is awesome… I've written a small blog post about Buck Martinez incorrectly pronouncing Encarnaci√≥n's name wrong. View it here.