More On Halladay vs. the Blue Jays
We’re just a few hours away from game time in Philadelphia, and the Roy Halladay vs. the Blue Jays start is all the blogosphere is buzzing about.
In what is undeniably the most anticipated game of the season, Blue Jays fans are running through the gambit of emotions in anticipation for tonight.
Although technically he is the enemy, I for one will have a tough time rooting against Halladay.
I posted in the comments on Tao of Stieb earlier today that it’s hard to hate on Doc, even if tonight were Game 7 of the World Series.
I also received a very neat email from Delta_Vee about some guidelines for those in attendance at Citizens Bank Park and even those watching at home. I think you’ll get a kick out of this:
MEMO to all #bluejays personnel
Please observe the following regulations during the Roy Halladay portion of the Inaugural Visiting Homestand:
- Do not feed the curveballs.
- Dispose of all incoming cutters over nearest available outfield fence.
- Avoid direct contact between incoming cutters and Cutter Retrieval Units marked in red.
- Infield groundballs are hazardous to the safety of yourself and your colleagues.
- Do not pet @ZoowithRoy (includes affectionate hair-tousling).
- In the event of a JoBau Jomerun, please avoid mention of the hitter when updating @BlueJayHunter to prevent madness.
- Incoming cutters have been linked to broken faces by recent research. Please wear protective clothing at all times.
- Harry Leroy Halladay III is considered armed and extremely dangerous. Engage with caution.
Latest posts by Ian Hunter (see all)
- Blue Jay Hunter Podcast Episode 6: In Donaldson’s Calf We Trust - February 21, 2017
- MLB Network Ranks Josh Donaldson as the Third Best Player in Baseball - February 18, 2017
- Mat Latos Adds Even More Depth to Blue Jays’ Pitching Staff - February 16, 2017