Randy Ruiz is freed permanently (in bobblehead form)

Image courtesy of Las Vegas 51’s

After spending years in the minor leagues, I am proud to announce that Randy Ruiz has finally been freed permanently … in bobblehead form.

This Saturday at Cashman Park in Las Vegas is Randy Ruiz Bobblehead Night in honour of last year’s Pacific League Coast MVP and current member of the Blue Jays roster.

Unfortunately since the game is in Las Vegas, most of us will be unable to attend. However, for those in the vicinity of Sin City this weekend, this is a deal you cannot pass up:

Apparently if you go to the Golden Gate Casino in Vegas and sign up for their “Club 1906”, you get FREE tickets to the Las Vegas 51’s game, FREE transportation to the game, and of course the FREE Randy Ruiz bobblehead.

So what do you guys say – impromptu road trip to Vegas or what?

It’ll be just like The Hangover, except it won’t be a bachelor party, and there won’t be any tigers in a hotel suite, and the Chinese mafia won’t be out to get us … but other than that, it’ll almost be the exact same.

Plus, we’ll have a Randy Ruiz bobblehead to remember everything by!

Latest posts by Ian Hunter (see all)

1. LJ

April 22, 2010 - 4:20 pm

GAH. If I didn't have to work all weekend, I'd be game. I guess I'll just have to be an ebay sniper instead.

April 22, 2010 - 4:38 pm

Same here … I'm up north this weekend, otherwise I might be inclined to take a trip to Sin City. I hear hotels on the strip are dirt cheap there anyway.

3. RollFizzlebeef

April 22, 2010 - 4:57 pm

*Head-so-large-due-to-PED Joke here*

*Comments on who the bobble head really looks like here*

*Realization that I am a hack here*

*Violent sobbing here*

April 22, 2010 - 5:26 pm

RollFizzle, that's the trouble with bobbleheads – often times its very difficult to find one that represents the likeness of the player.

The best one I've ever seen is the Roy Halladay 2003 Cy Young Winner bobblehead … even the beard hairs are constructed perfectly.

That being said, I wonder how they actually make those bobbleheads. Do they just work from a photo, or how does it work? Maybe I should dig deeper and work on that for a future article.

5. Hungry Leafs Fan

April 22, 2010 - 5:42 pm

Sold! I'll bring the ecstasy…

I'll probably have to grab one of these bad boys off ebay. I'm still looking for that 2003 Doc one. With American baseball fans finally witnissing him at work, I have a feeling I will have to pay a pretty penny for one.

The ugliest bobblehead I have is a Mats Sundin one. They included the neck on it.

April 22, 2010 - 5:51 pm

HLF, I picked up a Halladay bobblehead off Kijiji a couple months ago – that's usually the best place to look, because eBay has them for $50 and above. I saw couple floating around on Kijiji for around $40. It would be a nice addition to the bendable Halladay bobblehead!

7. Bobble Heads

May 22, 2013 - 12:22 pm

Excellent post! I've shared your blog for the reason that I realized it is actually has very interesting bobblehead and I enjoyed reading your posts….

Sports Bobblehead