Off Day Thoughts

Tex

After watching Mark Teixeira throughout the two game mini-series against the Yankees, I finally figured it out. His “game face” in the batter’s box emulates that of a rabbit eating a carrot. Don’t believe me? Take a look below.

Consider Teixeira a close second to Jonathan Papelbon for having the best “Douchestare in the Majors”.

Another thing I’ve noticed this season has to do with Kevin Millar’s batting stance. I figured I better point this out before he’s sent his walking papers, but much like Scott Rolen, Millar has a stance similar to that of one of the characters from Bases Loaded.

With tomorrow’s Back2Back reunion game, Operation “JC Autograph Retreival” is in full effect. Last year I tried but failed to make it in time to see Joe Carter in person, so hopefully I will have a chance to redeem myself tomorrow and get JC to sign my baseball. If all else fails, at least Candy Maldonado will be seated next to Joe Carter and could be a second option.

1. "Dave Schultz"

August 6, 2009 - 5:31 pm

"It looks like a rabbit"
    –Two A-Holes At An Adoption Agency, Saturday Night Live.

August 6, 2009 - 6:04 pm

Every time I look Teixeira now, he looks like a distrunted rabbit with a baseball bat. Something similar to Bucky O'Hare, but without being green.

3. QJays

August 6, 2009 - 8:52 pm

It seems like whenever I find a player I really don't like and who I am willing to make fun of how they look, it is short time before (some) Jays fans are wishing that player would come be a Jay — last case in point was Jason Giambi. I'm not criticizing anybody's face.
    … But you're right!

August 6, 2009 - 9:07 pm

Oddly enough, I think I posted something last summer talking about how the Jays should sign Tex (rabbit face included).

5. woodpeck

August 6, 2009 - 10:49 pm

"Rabbit Teixeira!" hilarious! talkin about stances, yesterdays game had our section talking about johnny damon's. he keeps moving and is barely in the box. its a wonder it works for him at all…

August 7, 2009 - 12:16 am

Johnny Damon is another weird one. He looks like he's doing the pee-pee dance in the batter's box. Either that, or he's a chicken because he keeps kicking his back leg.

7. woodpeck

August 7, 2009 - 2:45 am

no cash left for a Rolen Shirt. damn, beer. 😉

August 7, 2009 - 2:24 pm

I'll look into it for you woodpeck, the last time I was there they only had one B.J. Ryan jersey and it was still $200!