Adios La Rolen

It’s only fitting that we play out the best defensive third baseman that the Blue Jays have ever had with his imfamous walkup music. I’ll miss you Scotty.

Viva La Rolen always.

1. Kaeli

July 31, 2009 - 9:15 pm

I'll miss you Scotty!!! It was a great run and Jays fans will always remember you! :)

Seven gold gloves & highest Jays batting average – July 31st 2009

KaeliTheKool :)

2. matthias @ mopupduty

July 31, 2009 - 9:33 pm

Losing Scott at third really hurts the Jays infield. How many teams can claim that their middle-infielders out produce their corner infielders?

July 31, 2009 - 10:04 pm

Kaeli, I think we'll all miss Scott Rolen very dearly. Whether it was his Gold Glove defensive or his knack to get timely hits, he really made quite the impression on the city of Toronto and Blue Jays fans.

Matthias, I have a feeling that the team fielding percentage will take a big hit with Rolen's departure.

July 31, 2009 - 10:10 pm

You know I've got this one repeat right now.

July 31, 2009 - 10:11 pm

ON REPEAT RIGHT NOW. FAIL.

This is what happens when Hoss gets traded.

July 31, 2009 - 10:22 pm

I feel your pain brother. I listened to this a few times and started to get teary eyed. I'm going to miss doing the "air violin" each time that Rolen came up to bat for the Jays.

7. Anonymous

August 1, 2009 - 3:50 am

Why him or why not after he completed his contract? I feel like bawling. I am actually bawling!

August 1, 2009 - 2:41 pm

I guess he wanted to be traded for family reasons so he could be closer to his family in Indiana. I'm guessing it has something to do with an ailing family member or something like that.

The Blue Jays save a little money by having Rolen off the books in 2010, but they are paying some of his remaining salary for 2009.

Scotty will be missed!