The new Golden Boy of the Bullpen

In a certain light, Jason Frasor can be a confident pitcher. In a bullpen that is quickly fading into mediocrity, Frasor is rising up as one of the more dependable arms in the ‘pen. After Brandon League coughed up 3 runs yesterday, and Brian Tallet surrendered 3 runs on Friday, it looks like Jason Frasor has become the new golden boy of the Blue Jays bullpen.

Shine Jason, shine!

Tags :

1. Scott

April 13, 2009 - 11:42 pm

I’m not gonna lie, this scares me.

2. Nick

April 13, 2009 - 11:49 pm

Last year this would of scared me, but oh that change up. It gives me boners just thinking about it…

April 14, 2009 - 1:25 am

Now that Frasor has 3 pitches in his reppetoire instead of just a fastball and a slider, he has upped his stock in the bullpen.

I’m warming up to Frasor now …

4. matthias @ mopupduty.com

April 14, 2009 - 4:48 am

I did’t think Frasor was that bad to begin with. I might be the only one in that camp after reading around the Jays blogging community.

April 14, 2009 - 5:04 am

You’re probably right Matthias. I’ve written off Jason Frasor for a long time – I didn’t even think the Jays should’ve put him on the 25 man roster this year. I figured they were just doing it so they could trade him – but Frasor has pleasantly surprised us all so far!

6. Scott

April 14, 2009 - 5:11 am

The change up looks pretty decent, I just think he’s best suited to a 7th inning role. He hasn’t really handled closing well since 2004.
    Beej sure is making his save opportunities interesting.

7. woodpeck

April 15, 2009 - 1:07 pm

Frasor is da man! That change up is awesome as long as it can keep finding the strike zone!